IPL Photofacial is used for the treatment of pigmented and vascular lesions on the face, as well as the arms, chest, and other large areas. The process is able to clear sunspots, rosacea, telangiectasias, and other conditions, in order to improve skin tone.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does pulsed light therapy work? Natural Look uses specialized handpieces which filter light to target blood vessels and pigmented lesions. Each band of the spectrum has a wavelength that is ideal for different treatments, such as sunspot removal and vessel clearance.
The Palomar photorejuvenation handpiece emits pulses of light into the skin. The light is absorbed by the pigment in sunspots and the blood in visible vessels, which typically fade from view within two weeks.
How is pulsed light different from a laser? Pulsed light systems and lasers are very similar, but Palomar Pulsed Light Systems use a much larger treatment window than most lasers. This spreads light over a wider area of skin and allows faster coverage of the skin and as a result, quicker treatments.
What body areas can I get treated? Most areas except directly around the eyes. The face, neck, chest, arms, back and legs can all be treated.
What are Rejuvenation treatments like? Your treatment provider at Natural Look will move the handpiece over your skin, pulsing it all the while. Each pulse will send a beam of light through your skin. A flashing light, an audible tone, and a mild sensation on the skin will tell you when the handpiece is being pulsed.
What should I expect after the treatment?
- Immediately after treatment, you can expect a mild sunburn-like sensation, possibly accompanied by some minor swelling. This usually lasts 2-24 hours, and can be soothed with cold gel or ice packs.
- Sunspots/Sun Damage: The sunspots will darken after treatment and be naturally shed from the skin within 1-2 weeks.
- Rosacea: Skin tone will typically benefit from less pronounced redness within a week after treatments.
- Spider Veins: Vessels may disappear after treatment or they may appear darker and then fully or partially fade within 10-14 days.
- Typically, a few visits will be necessary to treat sunspots, rosacea, and vessels.
Other Palomar Treatments Dr. Mobley has chosen a Palomar Pulsed Light System because it offers the most versatile, effective, and comfortable aesthetic treatments available. In addition to photorejuvenation, Palomar Systems offer such applications as permanent hair reduction, infrared skin tightening, and fractional resurfacing.
The Photorejuvenation process If you want to improve your skin tone, we are leading the way in making skin look more beautiful.
Palomar's photorejuvenation process offers comfortable and effective photofacials for the treatment of sun damage and unsightly veins, and can make visible improvement in your appearance.
Treat Multiple Conditions The photorejuvenation process uses pulses of concentrated light to treat:
- Sun Damage: Wide areas of pigmentation on face, neck, chest, and other areas.
- Sunspots: Pigmented lesions, also known as age spots.
- Rosacea: General inflammation of the cheeks and face.
- Spider Veins: Individual vessels which can be red, blue, or purple in color.
Safe, Comfortable, and Fast! Our photorejuvenation process provides the most skin-safe, comfortable, and effective photofacials available, with little to no downtime. Photorejuvenation appointments are quick, and you can return to work or other activities - looking and feeling great!